GenePartner & ScientificMatch are DNA dating services that both offer the best taglines i have read in a longtime “Love is no coincidence” and “The Science of Love”. They equally use the same language and aesthetics you would find at most dating sites- is this a way to hook in their punters? Lull them into a sense of security?Obvious marketing techniques using getty imagery offering hideously unemphathetic service opportunties. I would love to do some ethnography on the implications on those using this site – journalists have already carried out their own research how about some ethnofiction? What are the possibilities of this service being really pushed to the extreme? Certanly a well trodden area in film and fiction as well as in Design Interactions at the RCA.
ScientificMatch outline the 6 key benefits to scientific matching your partner according to your DNA:
- Chances are increased that you’ll love the natural body fragrance of your matches.
- You have a greater chance of a more satisfying sex life.
- Women tend to enjoy a higher rate of orgasms with their partners.
- Women have a much lower chance of cheating in their exclusive relationships.
- Couples tend to have higher rates of fertility.
- All other things being equal, couples have a greater chance of having healthier children with more robust immune systems.